The operation of REAL Services is based upon a number of principles and beliefs. Policies have been developed from these and when properly implemented they will ensure the success and further growth of this Agency.
1. We believe in the inherent dignity of human beings and will always have that in mind in any action we take.
2. We believe that all people are important; that every individual has equal rights and must have equal opportunities. We will take strong measures to ensure that this belief is reflected in our activities and that every individual with whom we deal is treated courteously, and with compassion and understanding.
3. All affairs of this Agency will be conducted under high ethical standards and with personal integrity.
4. In discharging the responsibility for funds under our stewardship we will:
ensure that fiscal matters are conducted with accuracy, in accordance with principles of good financial management and with complete integrity, and
make certain that the maximum amount of quality services are provided for each dollar expended with a minimum use of funds for other expenses.
5. From the opportunities available to us, we will use our best judgment in selecting those which are most needed by those we serve; provide the best return in services for expenditures;
and are within our managerial capacity.
6. Programs to meet needs will be of high quality, developed in a timely fashion, and well maintained.
7. We will face our problems squarely, be diligent in seeking the most beneficial solution, and courageous in taking proper action regardless of difficulties encountered.
8. We believe that any static organization becomes stagnant and ineffective. We also believe we face almost endless opportunities to expand our service to those we serve. We will constantly be alert to opportunities, which under this philosophy and within this policy may be available to us.
9. We believe that good management must quickly and effectively confront and resolve situations which arise that conflict with our mission. We pledge that this will be done.
South Bend, IN